Thursday, August 2, 2007

Paseo Carribean in Fremont



Yesterday I traveled two hours by bus and foot just to eat this sandwich and let me tell yah' it was oh so worth it. It's a monster Cuban, filled with the juiciest pork you'll ever eat, tender caramelized onions, peppers, cilantro and special mayo sauce on crusty bread. If you get the chance, or even if you have to commandeer an airplane, try the #8 Midnight Cuban, all future sandwiches will just be a sneering reminder of how much better your lunch could be.

This place is not on any major traffic artery, but it's always packed. I ate at two and was lucky to get a chair to sit in, no table, just a chair on the side walk, I would have happily sat on nails! Seriously though, the food came quickly despite the crowd (there's only seating for maybe a dozen so it goes quick) and the local vibe is a welcome thing in this cookie cutter world. Visitors; feel free to skip the Space Needle and head to Fremont for an out of this world gustatory experience.

3 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

I am still full from the dinner I ate, yet I find my mouth watering once again while reading your blog and drooling over the pics!

Andrea said...

this looks so delicious... i WANT this sandwich.

next time i'm in seattle, i'm there.
great pics!

SteamyKitchen said...

Love the Cuban on a Chinese plate!

thats funny